Friday, August 21, 2015

My dream of my dream house

Just woke up from a nap.  Let's just say it was a huge house, ranch with a screen in porch, living room, dining room, sitting room, family room another family, room a library a few fire places and a huge yard that was fenced in.  There were lots of tall trees with that gorgeous summertime green.  I had George! and Izzi with me.  The yard had quite a few fenced areas in it and a stable.  As a matter of fact my neighbor asked me if I wanted a horse.  When I declined she said it would be put down, and it was easy to take care of a horse.  Okay I said and she left.  

I put the horse in one of my fenced off places and went back into the house.

I was entertaining some of my manager’s children, as a spur of the moment favor.  He has six - I had at least 4 there, maybe more.  They were having fun and entertaining themselves and I asked them if they wanted pb&j sandwiches.  Apparently I am magic in the kitchen because I made one and then they all had one.

As I turned I had a bunch of guests arriving, and me having forgotten that I had invited them.  

After a few hellos I told them I wasn’t ready to entertain properly, so I was ordering pizza.  Which arrived in no time but as the pizza delivery was pulling in, I realized the horse had gotten out of my fenced area and was in the dog park next door (yes my dream, dream house comes with a fenced in yard and a dog park) so I went out to get it.  I was intimidated at first, as it was running around wildly.

I stood in front of it and said whoa, whoa and it settled down and willingly let me lead it back to the fenced area.

As I came inside I saw everyone had tucked into the pizza.  I don’t know who they were nor who paid the bill but I was going to have to find out so I could pay them back, and I had only credit cards, maybe I could find my checkbook?

A dear friend, Michele Burton drove into the drive; she had come by with two people from the Belmont (CA) office and said they hadn’t realized I was ‘open’.  So they came in and I offered them pizza.  I thought I might not have enough plates but then there were plates.  The house was fully furnished.  Right down to the bookshelves.

I ran around and told the kids there was pizza if they wanted it and some of them came, the others were playing, they all were easy, polite and happy kids.

My manager and his wife came by with his other children and I was giving him a tour.  One of the kids said I have to pooh.  I looked up and there was a bathroom I hadn’t seen before, I knew of two, it had been behind a set of curtains.  Well the curtains were pulled back now.

As I walked in I saw that part of the old brick foundation was coming up through the floor and everything was falling apart in there.  The tub was rusted and the floor so soft it dipped when I walked on it.  There was a running leak in the sink.


I thought to myself, how did Sharmini and I miss this…I needed to call her.  As I walked out to one of the sitting rooms with a fireplace - i think there were 3 fireplaces - I saw Michele and her friends there, they were commenting that I needed to fix the leak as it was a hot water leak…the thought floated through my mind about the electric bill and as I turned, I saw the horse getting out into the neighboring dog park again…


Laura

ps. iloveu

No comments: