Monday, September 26, 2016

The sound of my buoy bell...

Today slid into Autumn.

I awoke to the sound of my buoy bell, reminding me of the east coast, as a blustery wind danced with the clapper.  The rain followed on its heels and I am now cocooning in a damp overcast day.

These are the days I love the best.  Cool enough to demand clothing, but warm enough to not need a coat or sweatshirt.  It is a great day to reflect on blessings.  The roof over my head, the clothing I wear, the food in my cabinets and fridge.  The two companions I live with who keep me entertained.  In spite of seeming setbacks, I try to be grateful for the moments of the day.

I am currently unemployed, the sale of my loft just fell through; I am at times desperate to understand or know where in this world I am to call home.  I am hovering on the brink of anxiousness, but today, the day that the season slid into Autumn, I am going to be okay, because that is what I am choosing.

I have been told, the beginning of anxiousness is the end of faith.  The beginning of faith is the end of anxiousness.

So when I start to get anxious - I realize I am not living in faith.  It happens more than I would hope, but I can pull myself back when I think to.

Today.  Today my faith is sliding all around me.  Today I am experiencing a full storm of emotions,  from gratitude to anger; hope to despair.  And like the wind that is blustering, they are changeable and changing.  I only have to wait for myself to settle down from being anxious or questioning and recognize the moments of the day for which to be grateful.

Laura

ps. iloveu

No comments: