Thursday, June 06, 2019

Soooooo....it was scary for me...

My George! the greyhound who is my sweet companion and calm and ever present - we were both dealing with whatever was in the air in Arizona at this June 2019.  

It had been a cool spring - cooler than I remembered in my whole two years here - I really have no peg to hang my hat on except to say this was a cool spring.

And I felt congested.  I laid on my right side.  My right sinuses are clogged but I felt the same, on the other side if I laid on my left.  So I was on my right side again reading my kindle.  Tented up with its cover providing me readability.  If you aren't addicted to reading you won't understand.  I would go out at 10 o'clock at night to the grocery store to pick up a book because I had read everything in my house.  So the ability to have the kindle propped up so I could read has been priceless.

The light in the room was darkening.  I long learned that my best bet for waking and sleeping was a mood light like the Philips Light.  One that simulates sunrise and sunset.  It was a dusky dark in my room with a dark peach hue on the walls and ceiling and my eyes were heavy.  I shut them unknowingly as I "read" a Peter Grainger book.  That DC Smith haunts my dreams.

Suddenly through a half asleep haze I heard haaaa......  haaaa....... a deep breathy voice you would only hear if you were watching a horror movie.

And here I was with my eyes shut.  I knew that in a second.  It was in my room - at the foot of my bed.  I am on my right side, eyes closed and I had heard it as clear as day. Haaaaaa..... haaaaaaaa.... deep breaths

Crimmeny Jickets I felt my whole body tense.  What do I do?  Okay - Stop.   All doors locked? Yes, for sure.  How about the windows? Locked? Yes, for sure.

Laura - there is no one your house.  There is no way anyone got into your house.  Settle (as I say to George! sometimes - settle).  Settle.  haaaaaaa...... I heard.  My ears had inadvertently moved.

l did have a moment of clarity - take a deep breath so you can scream I thought.
Breath taken I opened my eyes and flung the comforter and saw no one there.

It was George! mouth breathing which he rarely does unless there has been a late coming summer and he is feeling congested...

At least I think it was George!...hmmmm...


Laura

psiloveyou

No comments: